The overall objective of the TRANSFORMERS project is to develop and demonstrate innovative and energy efficient trucks and load carriers. This is meant for long distance transport assignments with an improved load efficiency leading to an overall 25% less energy consumption on a t.km basis and a lower impact on the road infrastructure.
Today trucks and load carriers are designed and optimised towards a limited variance set of usage and for maximum payload. In the future there will be an increasing need for optimized load efficiency for each mission of a truck, and for optimizing the freight carried on a finite length of road.
June 29, 2017
TRANSFORMERS Final Event »
Facts & Figures
- Full name: Configurable and Adaptable Trucks and Trailers for Optimal Transport Efficiency
- Duration: 4 years
- Start date: 1 September 2013
- Total budget: 7.9 M€
- EC Funding: 5.2 M€
- Develop and demonstrate Hybrid-on-Demand Driveline for Truck-trailer Combination
- Develop innovative complete vehicle aerodynamic measures
- Develop innovative loading efficiency measures